Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More Christmas... from the Moore's

So here are some more pictures of our fun Christmas. I've been working on this for the past week and keep getting interrupted so this is going to have to cut it for right now. It's still going to be continued though...
Matt's sister and her cute family also flew in after Christmas. They have three kiddos that we just love! The cousins loved playing with each other and got along really well.

Jonny was pretty entertaining for the kids. I'm pretty lucky to have married a man with such a fun family! Cousin Lydia and Annie are just a few weeks apart too. Then, Jenna, Eric, Collin, and baby Kate are kind of alternating in ages.


Jenna cuddling up to cousin Eric while he cuddles up to the precious snow globe that Nana got for each of the kids. Jenna couldn't get enough of snuggling with all of her cousins.. especially baby Kate!


Jonny made a snow fort out of the gigantic pile of snow that was formed after the hours and hours of shoveling... this is from the inside. So many people could fit inside this thing!! The kids could all stand up and hang out and play. Too bad it was sooooo freezing cold that nobody wanted to for very long!!

The kids are on the inside and you can see Jonny's shovel at work on the right.





Annie and Jenna insisted on going outside to play for a while even though it was soooo freezing cold that my fingers and nose started hurting within minutes. They didn't last too long, but they managed to lug the sled up the hill in our backyard.


Annie continually shocks the heck out of me!! I would never have guessed that she would go down head-first, but sure enough. I have proof! When we went to the big BYU-I hill, she and Lydia both went down head-first, backwards, and even crashed a few times!! Tough girls! This hill was pretty awesome, but mild to the BYU-I ones.


Here's the REAL hill at BYU-Idaho. This is Jonny zooming down.

Annie and Lydia... cuties.

Did you know Matt proposed to me with his guitar? Sweet man. Then he lent it to his brother for 9 years... he finally took it back home with him after a visit and has loved getting back into it. He amazes me at what he can do. I've been practicing too!! Yep, my fingers have blisters.. ouch.

I had to show you all this cute boy. Jenna helped me with his hair one day. Matt sure freaked out!

These are our fun snowmen!! Matt had to get a ladder to stack these blocks of ice on top of each other. I don't think it was the kind of snow you could roll huge snowballs. Plus, why do that when you've got perfectly suitable blocks of ice to stack!?! The wind kind of blew them over a little.

The kids loved these snowmen because they reminded them of the book about what snowmen do at night... they don't just sit there, you know. I overheard the kids discussing what they thought the snowmen were doing during the night!! Funny! Jenna was convinced they were practicing gymnastics!

Here is a picture of the view from our front door. I don't know if you can tell how deep the snow is, but you can't even see the steps. You can see the beginnings of the huge crevice Matt was trying to create so we could walk from the driveway to the front door.Snowblower. That's all I have to say. I was thinking they should just get everyone one as a welcoming gift to Rexburg. Our neighbor asked if I was getting an attachment for Matt's dunebuggy that would plow the roads. I'm on it.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't believe how much snow you have (glad it is not us).

Jen said...

I am constantly amazed at the amount of snow you have! That snow cave is awesome and the snowmen are totally cool! I can't wait to show the kids. Man, you don't even need to work out up there. Just shovel snow!

Monica said...

Holy snow! That's the main reason you need a food storage. And the internet. I was getting panicky looking at the snow cave, I'm always so freaked out that they'll collapse and bury everyone alive. Yeah, I'm fun. Your girls are soooo pretty! Collin's pretty stinkin cute too, and rockin that fauxhawk!