Thursday, April 29, 2010

it's about time..

A lot has happened in the last little bit. It seems like time flies so quickly and drags on and on at the same time. I'm feeling incredibly huge.. stretch marks have transformed my belly button into a sun with "rays" shooting out from it. I'd rather pick things up with my toes than hold my breath and bend over. Nights have turned more into 52 consecutive mini naps than a good night's sleep. My sweet kids are mostly understanding. They try to help me by picking things up, holding my purse and my hand, and by TRYING (so very hard) to give me needed naps during the day. Only 5-7 more weeks until our little girl arrives!!!Sorry no current picture of this monstrocity of a belly, but I do have a bunch of other pictures and more important news.

Collin has turned into some kind of little handful lately. He's overwhelmingly adorable one minute (right now he is singing "Yankee Doodle" at the top of his lungs!) and then a whiney, demanding, teasing, very loud three-year-old crazy kid in the next!! Oh this boy of mine... He just had a birthday (the big three!) and is acting like he's so grown up.
Here he is doing his "Happy Home Chart." He's in charge of emptying the bathroom garbages into the bigger kitchen garbage. He's so cute while he does it too, very willing and happy. He often runs, moving his little legs as fast as he can so he can finish before the girls. This isn't very hard to do because my sweet girls aren't fooled by my creativity in naming their JOBS.

Meanwhile, Annie had a birthday too!! She turned seven and has gotten a very adorable shorter haircut!! Don't worry.. I'll post pics. She's so very very cute. Her top tooth is just hanging by a corner, and I found a note to a boy in her bed yesterday... ya, I might just post it too. Jenna is preparing for her dance recital tomorrow. She just loves performing and being on stage! Her poor teacher's home, which included a very nice attached dance studio, burned down last month. It started with a lamp being used for kitties getting knocked over in the garage. Both cars blew up, and their beautiful home was completely lost. This has made me think about what is most precious to me and what I would miss most if everything burned down in my house. At least everyone got out safely.. all dressed in their pajamas. Matt is enjoying his job and practicing his tuba. He gets to play with the Utah Symphony as a substitute pretty soon and is really excited. I think he misses playing so much. He's working on our basement in his spare time (along with working on everyone else's houses too... he's so handy.. I love it!), and I can hardly wait for it to be finished! He had a birthday in March, and the kids and I decorated his door at school... this is how far we got before I was nervous all the students would be swarming the hallways. He's actually got a new office now... an official one with a window! They turned his old office into ... drumroll... a closet. Haha!!!

I'm still going to school. This semester is the chemistry class I knew I'd probably have to retake because of the B I received when I took it forever long ago. My professor lives just down the street from us, and I've really enjoyed seeing a whole new side of him. He's very entertaining in class, which makes me very tempted to sneak into one of Matt's classes to see what he's like. Anyway, once I ace this class, I'll have all A's in the classes the nursing program looks at for admission so I figure there's no way they can turn me down (grades are all they look at). My biggest fear about this chemistry class is my water breaking DURING CLASS! Yikes.


And finally, here is how I caught the girls sleeping the other night. I sold their bunkbeds (farewell wretched bunkbeds!) and bought a trundle bed instead. Yay craigslist! I figured since they're going to get their own rooms in the basement pretty soon, I would rather have a single bed with the option of pulling another one out from underneath than a bunkbed that is a nightmare to make. These two precious children of mine actually love to snuggle in the one twin bed. They're so funny to me!! Check out their crossed arms!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun post! :) Can't wait to see pictures of your new little girly!

The last pics of the girls made me giggle. They look just like Tegunn and Trey. :) They do have bunk bed and I agree What a pain to make. Anyway, the top bunk never gets used. :)

Anonymous said...

I am dying. The cuteness overwhelms me. Those linked arms are too freakin' cute! I want to see the new hair cut!!

Monica said...

Are you just going crazy?! Oh, I can't even imagine doing school on top of everything else. I'm so sorry. Remember... A is for anal, B is for balanced... just wish we could get that ridiculous admissions committee to agree. Don't worry, you will get accepted just when your life is complete chaos.

Dacia said...

What a sweet picture! Sounds like life is busy at your place. Good luck with classes and the dreaded last weeks of pregnancy. I'll be rooting for you :)