Friday, September 19, 2008

You want to know what I've been doing?

I'll tell you what I've been doing.. I've been cleaning up puke. Collin's been sick, and he's thrown up in his bed twice, all over me once, and all over our brand new keyboard (we just bought a new one because Jenna spilled a whole cup of milk on our last one). I'm pretty sick of washing pukey stuff. The little kiddo has been feeling pretty great, considering. Thank goodness. Stinky puke.

Jenna said something pretty funny the other day. I told her she had put her shoes on the wrong feet, and she let me know that, "Mom, my feet get what they get, and they don't throw a fit!" Funny girl.

I checked up on Annie today by talking with her kindergarten teacher for a second. She said Annie is doing wonderfully academically, in fact, she's pretty much at the top of her class... yay for Annie! However, she does not like to answer questions in front of a group.. even when she knows the answer, and she never wants to be the first one to do something. That's just not within her comfort zone. Her teacher's not too worried about her, but she did let me know that she's going to start pushing her to answer questions in front of a group now that they've done some bonding. I swear she's a different person at home. I'm so proud of my little girl though. She tries so hard and has been learning so much so fast!! Here's a little bragging moment: She and Jenna can count to 100 together with very little prompting. Smart girls.

Looks like we're going to start our sprinkling system next week. We're trying out the "Pulling Method" this time, rather than digging trenches. We'll see how that goes. We want to get it done before it freezes here so it can be all ready for grass in the spring.. how exciting! I can't decide whether to work on finishing the basement during the winter or leave it so the kids can have some place to ride bikes and scooters and stuff during the loooooong winter months ahead. Both would be pretty nice in different ways.

So I've been thinking a lot about my allergies lately and wondering if my kids inherited this from me and that's what's causing so many ear infections and Jenna's frequent tummy aches. I took her into a specialist and we did a RAST test on her.. where they take her blood and work their magic to see if she's allergic to anything. Just got the results... all negative. This is a big relief because she was the one I was worried most about. There went my big theory, but at least she doesn't have to deal with allergy shots and stuff. Whew. I think I'm just amazed.. still.. at what I'm allergic to... which is everything, I feel like. Could be worse!

OH!! I ALMOST FORGOT!!!! So, I've started up the dinner club up here. I've got some skeptics, but we're trying it for a month. We'll see if there's drama! Also, I was invited to my very first BUNKO party.. or whatever you call it. I told Matt, "Do you know what this means???" He did not. IT MEANS I'M IN! I'm cool. In the last three weeks since we've moved into this new neighborhood, I've been invited to a Taste of Home Party, a jewelry party, a Stampin Up party, and now a BUNKO night. It's been pretty fun. These ladies are really, really nice.. holy crap, though, I'm missing you all.. tears flowing.. sniff. When's it going to feel like home here? That's what I want to know. Oh well... Could definitely be worse, right? Have a good night, ya'll. Love you.

5 comments:

Britney said...

Gosh, I'm so jealous your starting your yard! We have no clue even where to start!!! I'm glad Annie is doing well in Kindergarten. Sorry about all the puke, that's so yucky! Keep us posted on how the dinner club works out. I'm still going strong in ours (although I am taking a "break" from it right now.) It's a legacy you've left for us! Yea on Bunco!!! You'll have a blast. I'm hosting our group at my house next month. Fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

K! first i have to tell you! I think i am going to keep my blog but i'm going to block some "certain people!"

sorry about collin! i hope the rest of you don't get sick.

Good for Annie and Jenna! Tee can barely count to 20. I think he's gonna struggle a bit.

You'll have a blast at bunko. I sub sometimes for annie. Its so fun!!!

Jen said...

I'm so glad your neighborhood is nice! That makes all the difference. But I have to say that I miss you and can't wait for Sunday! I'm glad Jenna's not allergic to stuff. Have you noticed a difference now that YOU know what's going on? I love your kids and am sorry Collin's been sick! Can't wait to see you guys!!!

The Griffin Crew said...

I am so sorry your kids are sick that is not fun at all and at times it seems like it will never end!! You are so nice and your neighbors are so lucky to have you we miss you like crazy!! Bunco is a blast have a super time!

Glass House said...

I don't even know what Bunko means, so I must not be cool! There goes my hopes and dreams ha ha ha jk