Tuesday, September 8, 2009

best lunch ever!

I don't have a picture of last night's cookie-brownies (cause they're gone...), but I do have the recipe to share. It actually came from my cousin Heidi Watson, who I think posted it on allrecipes.com, and then passed on to Jake and Shannon and then on to me. Just for you:

Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars - (caramel... chocolate... chocolate chips... ya, it's that good)

1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 Heath bar, chopped
32 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cube butter
Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, chocolate chips, and chopped Heath bar together for the dough. Press half of dough into a cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Save the other half of dough for topping. Mix the following in a microwafe safe bowl for caramel filling: Kraft caramels, condensed milk, and butter. Cook until mixure is melted (About 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds). Do not burn! Let cool for 15 minutes. Pour caramel mixture over baked bars. Evenly spread remaining dough crumbled on top. Bake another 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cook and cut into bars. Enjoy!

So we have this really annoying DVD whose whole idea is to teach toddlers who are learning to talk their letters and sight words. It works. I bought them after my cute little nephew knew his letters and said them in his cute little baby voice. They're made from a company called preschoolprepco.com. This is how our brilliant and adorable Collin knows the letters on the van (from the video below). We sold the van, by the way. Thank goodness.

I have to tell you what Annie has to say about school everyday when she comes home. "We had the best lunch EVER!" Anything beyond that is impossible to squeeze out. She described to me her tostada with pudding and chocolate milk in great detail, but not a whole lot more. I finally found out she visited the library. Food is important in our family, I guess.


I found her like this one night.. funny girl. Ya, I left it there.

And.. here's something to end the post with. Collin at his finest...

Strategic positioning, huh? This is on his wedding slide show for sure. Love you buddy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ba ha ha! little boys will be boys! I love it! Wait till you look out your back window and hes peeing on the neighbors flowers!

Ok! I am SOOO getting those DVDS. I am stressed about all the sight words for first grade and HEy! if I can give Trey a head start then GREAT!!

RPH said...

I am going to have to try those cookie/brownies. They sound delicious!

And I love that book over Annies face, those DAVID books are popular in our house, arent they cute?

And Collin on the slide is so classic!

I have a thousand things to tell you, I need to stop chasing my kids all over the neighborhood and talk to you next time we are out!

Tiffany said...

I must have missed this backyard shot, too cute!

Annie said...

Oh Rach!!! I am just now catching up on your blog! Yep, at work. You always have the best recipes! Can't wait to add a few more pounds with those brownies. I NEED Matt's spaghetti recipe, please! Miss you lots.

Kristi said...

Those cookies sound yummy. I guess I know how I'm spending my Sunday afternoon this week. :)

That naked picture will come in handy when you need to encourage Collin to do something. ;) Love it!

Jen said...

OH those cookie brownies are to die for! Love Collin's naked shots. He's such a funny kid. Annie's so funny. The food is very important. We miss you guys.

Jen said...

OH those cookie brownies are to die for! Love Collin's naked shots. He's such a funny kid. Annie's so funny. The food is very important. We miss you guys.

Glass House said...

your kids are so funny! Love it! We both had RM's this year!! How exciting for them to be home:)

Becky Rasmussen said...

Oh! Those cookie brownies look so good to my mouth and so bad for my waist.

I hope you guys get some of the warm fall weather we're getting down here this weekend.