Thursday, May 1, 2008

Inspiration.. from my big sister

My big sister, Jen, has always been the one I watch and follow and try to be like. I'm sure I copied her and chased after her even when I was very little. Now, I know she's not perfect (or so she tells me, anyway), but she always seems to say and do just the right thing. Everything about her appearance, her home, and her family seem to always be in order. She's always doing the coolest projects (and they always seem to look fabulous!) and reading the best books and on and on!! Now, she's got me into WICKED!! I love it! Anyway, this is a very poor picture of my amazing big sister Jen finishing the Salt Lake City Marathon. Just the experience of WATCHING her do this was truly inspiring to me. Not only did she run 26 miles, but she went through some pretty excruciating times that morning that probably would have made me quit in the middle of the race... and that's the honest truth. Jen, you've got so much guts and grit and determination, and I'm so dang proud of you. You'll always be an inspiration to me. I love you, sis. Check out her running blog.

2 comments:

Glass House said...

you are so sweet, that would me the world to me if my sisters viewed me like that!

Jen said...

How embarrassing!