The Wascoe Family took a little trip with us to visit Yellowstone. Since I hadn't been there since a Bailey Family Reunion when I was five or so years old, I was in for a surprise! We saw sooo many animals!!
These buffalo were right outside our car, just taking their sweet little time and hogging the whole road so everyone had to pull over and take pictures. I don't even know how many of these huge monsters we saw.. it was a lot.
All Collin man wanted to do was get out and walk around. He is so happy when he's exploring and doing his own thing. This little guy is suffering through four molars trying to make their way through his gums.. he's pretty happy despite it all. Looks pretty painful to me.
This is Rebecca Wascoe (our opera singer friend... yep, that's what we call you, Rebecca... except for Jenna.. she calls you My-Becca.) with Annie. You can sure tell we love the whole Wascoe family. We are waiting for Old-Faithful to go off. My girls had me tell the story of when I was five and waiting for Old Faithful and playing with the chipmunk in the meantime about ten times!! They love our stories.
All in all, it was a very fun day. I wish I knew where the old huge cabin was where we stayed. It must have been huge to hold the whole Bailey Clan for a reunion. I remember a huge game room with air-hockey upstairs and a loft with a ladder that I fell down while trying to descend backwards... my tailbone hurt the whole way home.. pretty badly, I remember. There was a girl named Feather Weight who went to Jr. High with me who showed up to school with these huge burn gloves and socks because she had fallen in one of the stinky pots. She said that after she fell in, she tried to scrape the burning mud off of her legs and that's how she burned her hands and arms. How awful!!! I told that story to my girls too so they'd stay right with me. There was even a little monument and information board there about safety because of a little guy who had fallen in and was killed! I can't stand hearing about those sad and terrifying stories, but it's good to know so you can be careful, I guess.


3 comments:
What? I was in Yellowstone over Memorial Day weekend ... is that when you went? If so, we probably passed each other. We saw many, many buffalo as well. I need to download my pictures and update my blog.
I loved your treadmill story. :) My old Bishop once fell off of a stationary bicycle. He was trying to adjust his position and somehow fell backward. He was lucky enough to do it at a gym so several people got to witness it. Too funny!
How fun, Rach! I bet your kids just loved it! I remember that game room too in the cabin. Wasn't that just so fun! Caroline hated Yellowstone because of the smell. She held her shirt over her nose most of the time and started crying every time a new smelly pot would appear.
BTW...Did you know that I dated Feather Weight's older brother? I didn't know she burned herself. Ouch!
Jillian, it wasn't this last weekend, but I think the one before... I get behind on this thing. BUT, if you or anyone else is ever up this way and need a place to crash or just have an extra hour or two to visit, we would love to see you!! And Jen, I do remember Feather's older brother.. and his friend.. didn't you date BOTH of them?? Just teasing you. Thanks for being always being there for me. Love you.
Post a Comment