Friday, February 6, 2009

And More..

In no particular order.. just cause I'm a little lazy and don't want to rearrange them. Here are my three beautiful kiddos (yes, Janzen, Collin is wearing a pink fuzzy shirt.. look familiar? Matt dressed him in the closest thing he could find after he drenched the shirt he was wearing. Unlike most men who refuse to even let their son play with a pink bike, ahem, Matt is all about convenience.. I don't know which one is better slash worse..). This is a letter Annie wrote to her daddy after he hurt his back shoveling the neighbor's driveway after a storm. Oh the blessings of service!! Just kidding. Even hurt backs are a blessing because then our family gets to learn how to serve the hurt one too! His back is much better. Whew!
(I hope your back feels better.) What a sweetie!! She is really into writing notes these days. Sometimes I get really good or funny ones.... and sometimes I get ones that tell me she hates me! Oh the drama. She even folds them up and hands them to me or slips them under her door when she's in trouble. Aunt Annie, remember when she asked to borrow you?? Funny girl. She's doing really well in school. Her teachers told me that she's one of the top in her class. They even told me that she is still very shy at school, but it hasn't affected her learning so they're not particularly worried about it. While they are telling me this, Annie and Jenna are over in the kitchen area of the classroom, giggling and having a ball. Both teachers look over there and laugh because they say they've never seen her like that at school!! Wow. She must be a totally different girl there!!!
Funny girls. Jenna cracks me up too. She pretends to read and even still pretends to speak Spanish. Annie asks me and Matt what words are in Spanish, and sometimes I won't know. So then Jenna pipes in with a very realistic Spanish word. Annie asked what watermelon or something was. Jenna said it's "gidato." She even says it with the right emphasis on the right letters. Maybe she's right because I still don't know how to say watermelon in Spanish. Jenna has also had hives for the last couple of days. She's allergic to something, and I can't figure it out. Anyway, she calls the blobs of itchies her "spagheeto bites." This little girl is going to be reading very soon too. She even knows a bunch of Annie's sight words. Oh, and her little imaginary friend, Job (pronounced with an H sound and a long O), has died. He got in some sort of accident. That little guy has been through quite a life, as dictated by our sweet Jenna. Now, he's gone. Just like that. She is a creative one (hopefully this "dying" incident isn't something we're going to have to deal with later in therapy).

And Collin Man. He is a brave one too. Here he is scaling my railing. Down below are stairs! Crazy dude.

In daddy's shoes.. love it!


Annie.. my sweet girl.


So there are three windows in the girls' room (like little Ellie's room back in good old Perry) that Annie has just adopted as her personal decorating area because they happen to be right where she sleeps.. bunkbeds, ya know? Anyway, I climbed up there one day to snap a picture because these are the most cherished things she owns, arranged so perfectly and carefully. Her porcelain doll Aunt Soozie gave her, her Polly Pocket car, her makeup bag, her purse that she got from Alan and Whitney at Christmas, her fairy that holds her CTR ring inside, her (MY) picture of her dear friends (love you guys, sniff), and her lip gloss (of course).

Collin...

Jenna...

Jenna off to school in ALL PINK!!

Aunt Annie.. we still loooooove our towels!
Yep, here's my son!! So glad I had my camera handy!!
Very proud of himself!

My sweetie boy.

Jenna and her morning hair.. and morning smile!

Manners... and cheeks.. these come in abundance at our home.
And, last but not least, here's Annie hula hooping and walking at the same time!! Pretty funny!


Pardon my obnoxious voice in the background!! I did get a better video, but Jenna then streaks nekkid across the room..

Okay Jen, I've hit the gym for three days in a row now... and I've done the crunches and push ups... a little sooooooore. Pretty proud of myself... crazy but I feel stronger already (even though it's all in my mind!!) I go to the BYU-I gym which has its drawbacks and benefits. Drawbacks: I feel like an old lady there. Inside, I feel like I'm right there with them, but then I realize I'm ten years (at least) older than most of them. Benefits: I'm really competetive so it's fun to outdo some of them.. ha ha.. tough college kids... who aren't even there for the workout if you know what I mean. It's also fun to overhear about their engagement rings and modest bikinis and the hot boy that just walked by.

Now I have a bunch of camera and picture-taking questions for you.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my, Jenna has quite the fashion sense. I am guessing she will not be designing BYU wear.

Dacia said...

Great pictures! Love the dress ups :)

Trish&Heath said...

When do you go work out???
- I would have never thought that Annie is shy?!

Annie said...

Oh mY..... Look at that little collin crack!! Funny.. looks just like Matt's! he,he,he.
And that letter from Annie- I love her sooooo much! I love the window decor too!
Jenna- Love her. She is so cute, I love her so much! Her pictures are adorable!!
This post made me laugh and laugh... miss you all.
Good job hitting the gym. I have been trying to too... not all that successful though.

Annie said...

P.S. Love the header!

Jen said...

I love all the pictures of your kids! I miss them! Love the plumber's pants and the fuzzy pink shirt! I'm glad you're sore! Sorry, but it makes me feel a little better that we're in this together!

Glass House said...

Happy Valentine's day!

Monica said...

Did you ever see that episode of Friends when Ross wears Rachel's pink shirt? haha! That picture of Collin totally reminded me of it. But he pulls it off with style, real men where pink right?
Augh! Your kids are soooo stinkin' adorable!! I've never really talked to them, but you can tell from the pictures that Annie is the serious sweet one, and Jenna is the free spirit who probably says the most outrageous things. That's what I want to be like in my next life. To be able to wear my pants on my head and my shirt tied like a tube top, she's a trendsetter, wait and see!

The Morrill men and Me said...

Miss you guys but I am so glad I get to see these pictures of your super cute kids. I wish you were closer so that Annie could teach me how to hula-hoop!!! (I think I am going to try that to get my waist back)