Jen, this post is for you! I haven't added anything for a while... I know, I know. It's not fair for me to get on to everyone else's blogs to see what's new and then not add anything new to mine. I feel loved! Thanks, Jen!!
So here's the new news. Matt got the job up here at BYU-Idaho to be a full time professor!! I am so proud of him! I can't believe I am married to a college professor... CRAZY and very wonderful!! I don't even think it has really sunk in yet. Sooo Rexburg is now where we call home, I guess. We are official Idahoans or something like that. It came as quite a shock. I even had a lot and a house plan picked out in Perry, Utah. Not that I didn't believe in Matt or anything, but some famous guy came in and applied for the job. His name is Brian Bowman if anyone is interested (google the man and see what I'm talking about). Anyway, the next thing we know, Matt has been offered the job. What an amazing guy I married!!
So now I am excited about getting on with our lives and building our house. We just purchased a lot that is $30,000 LESS than the one I was planning on buying in Perry.. perdy cool. This lot has a huge field behind it, just like our first one in Cherry Ridge, and it has a perfect view of the temple from our backyard!! I just need some help deciding on a house plan now. How exciting, huh??
Here's plan #1
http://www.houseplans.com/plan_details.asp?id=20520
Here's plan #2
http://www.zhouseplans.com/plans.htm?i=s1560kl01
Does the second one look familiar to anyone??? That's the house we built and never got to live in because we moved up here. Anyway, the first one has a three-way fireplace that I'm not too sure about (we might just move it to the wall or just nix it altogether), and then there's the hearth room that could be cool or could be wasted space. I love the walk-in pantry and the look of the outside though. I need some opinions, please! Our same old masterplan is to build a house, live in it for a few years, sell it, and start over again until we can get one totally paid for. Sooo, this means I need to pick out things that appeal to everyone else, not just my tastes.
The next big news is Collin is WALKING!!! I've been trying and trying to get video of this on our camera to post on here, but I'm going to have to recruit some help from Matt with this because Collin is more interested in grabbing the camera than walking. I think his record is 8 steps... not too shabby!! His birthday is coming right up (and Annie's is in two days!!) so he's our earliest walker so far. Annie first walked on her first birthday, and Jenna was a few days later. No one has beaten my personal WALKING AT EIGHT MONTHS OLD record!! Matt still doesn't really believe this, but my parents swear by it. I think he's just competetive and can't stand the thought of me getting a higher ACT score AND walking earlier than him. Hey, I've got to have my own little triumphs somewhere.
Well, I'm looking forward to this weekend... General Conference here we come!!! Love you all, Rach
String Lake & Leigh Lake kayaking days
2 weeks ago


5 comments:
Well, it's about time! Remember that I made a blog because of YOU! Tell Matt congrats! It's pretty awesome! I'm excited about your new house! I personally like plan #1. I like the fireplace, it's interesting. And way to go, Collin! I love ya, Rach! Since you live SO far away, I need pictures! Give your kids a hug for me!
Congratulations to Matt and to Collin.
I like plan #1 best. I love the idea of a hearth room and I think a covered deck in the back would be sweet with a view of the temple.
WOW! i can't believe he is walking! He must be a handful? I know my Ashton just could care less about anything, he is happy and content just with his life sitting there, he has no interest in going anywhere! Crazy! I don't know isn't plan #2 bigger? Rachel we need to plan our roommie get together, when is best for you this summer?
Congrats Matt & Collin!!!
Congrats Matt! Good luck Rachel :) It is so fun when kids start to walk, I love the videos!!
I vote for #1. I like both of them but #1 won me over. I like how the master is on the other side of the house, away from the kid’s rooms. I am not sure I like the fireplace either. It might break up the room. I would place it flat on the wall if anything though. They are always good selling points.
Post a Comment