It's June 11th, and it's snowing...
Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about that. Last weekend was so much fun for me. I got to go down to Brigham City by myself (thanks to my love for watching the kids alllllll daayyyy..) to help with a shower for my sweetheart sister-in-law Whitney who is going to have baby Cassi sometime next month!! It was so fun to see her and her big old belly and to visit and goof around with my family!!! My mom, Jen, Becky, and Ornela helped, and it was a great time!!! So many of my aunts and cousins traveled a long ways to come too, which I thought was so special and cool. It was very nice to catch up with them and see them. My dad and brothers, except Jake who was way too busy hanging out with Thurl Bailey at Drill to come, showed up in the evening, and we all just chilled and laughed and had fun. We played speed, did handstand contests, and pretty much made fools of ourselves, and I enjoyed every minute of it!! Man, I love my family....
So on the way home was a different story. I left kind of late, and it was already getting dark. I was blasting my ipod, which I never get to do when the kids are with me, and was about halfway home when a deer popped out of nowhere. Without thinking, I swerved to miss it and overcorrected. I did this about three or four times, trying to get control of my car again, and just thought to myself, "just calm down and don't turn the wheel so much." Somehow, I got it going straight again, which I thought was pretty miraculous because I was going 80-85 on the freeway, and it felt like I was going to flip or fly off the side of the road. It was scary. I was all shaken up after that and had to call Matt. He reminded me that I just need to grip the wheel, slam on the brakes, and hit the poor deer next time. Made me pretty thankful for my life. And what a good life it is.
String Lake & Leigh Lake kayaking days
2 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment