Thursday, June 5, 2008

OH YAAAAA!!!!!

So I was out jogging around because Amanda talked me into running a 5k next Saturday (and I soooo need to run), but then I happened to run into an ongoing BYU-I coed softball game. So... I just stopped to watch for a little while and ask a few questions... like do you have to be a student to play... and so on. It just so happens that the team that was playing next needed another girl, and word got around that I was asking questions... AND THEY ASKED ME TO PLAY!!!! So I borrowed somebody's mitt, played center, batted right-handed, got three hits (one was a double), and scored once. I was the only girl that got on base every single time (from either team!!). I never got a ball hit to me out in center, oh well. Wait, except for two times when guys hit it over my head and over the 30 foot fence and onto oncoming traffic... scary. Anyway, needless to say, it is 11:43 PM and I am so PUMPED!!! They took my number and are going to call me for the next game. SWEET!! I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be playing because I'm not a student, but I think it's pretty laid back so... is it wrong if I just keep playing until somebody tells me I can't???? I've been looking for a community softball league for women. There's a men's league, but not a women's... what's up with that??? Stinkin Rexburg. Anyway, I feel very energized and renewed... Matt told me I needed to go out and do what I love to do more... he's right. What a sweet and wise husband I have. I guess I'll have to go running again tomorrow night to see what I can find!!!

2 comments:

McFarland Clan said...

Sounds like fun Rachel. I love catching up on you and your family! YOu are so cute!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you got to go out and do what you love! You're so good at softball and handstands! I had so much fun with you on Saturday! I can't wait to hear how the 5 k goes!