Thursday, August 21, 2008

Awesome, Fun, Stressful Week!!

So I'm feeling the pressure of trying to finish this house. We've scheduled a moving van for a week from this Saturday. Right now, my brothers Tom and Alan are finishing up the siding, soffit, fascia, and rain gutters. Their sweet wives let them come and stay with me for two weeks while they do this for me.. in fact, I owe them BIG TIME! Tomorrow, my cabinets are coming, my stoners are coming (hopefully), and Matt's finishing up the tile. Whew!!!

Meanwhile, I'm running around town picking up things and running errands with three kids in tow... not an easy task. I've been trying to pack a few things, but that's not going too well so far. Collin and Annie came down with a mouth infection. I think the Dr. called it somatitis or something. Anyway, little cankers all over the inside of their mouths, tongues, and throats. Poor stinkers, they had fevers and were generally miserable. Little Collin got it pretty bad. He wouldn't even eat for a few days. I took him to the Dr's office twice before we figured it out. It's just a virus so we pretty much just had to ride it out with Tylenol and Motrin.

Thank goodness Annie was on the mend before KINDERGARTEN started on Wednesday!!!!!!! Oh ya, you read right.. my little girl is in Kindergarten. I can hardly believe it myself. The bus has passed her up for the first two days... seriously flawed system in this town... but, hopefully, she'll get picked up tomorrow (after five phone conversations - FIVE! - three face to face discussions with the bus driver herself - and one child being mistaken for another and put on the wrong bus). We'll see. After all this drama, I don't even have a good picture for the blog. Tomorrow! I promise!

On the day before school started, Rexburg had a free carnival for all the kids. They had a whole bunch of games with prizes, huge blow-up slides and trampolines, and a tank/ambulance/helicopter/fire-engine that you could climb inside, sit down, and ask the people all about. The fire-fighter even had a remote control for his huge water hose that spurt out so much water SO FAR! He was squirting all the kids and they were just swimming in the pool he had made in the grass from all the water. It was AWESOME! My kids elected not to participate in this activity, however. I didn't know how cool this was going to be so I didn't have my camera... of course!

All this time, Tom, Alan, and Matt worked on my cool house. It's been hot, chilly, windy, and miserable. At least we get to hang out after quitting time... which happens to be bedtime most of the time. Except Today!!!!! My other brother, Jake, drove up and hung out with me today... more errands. Then, we all headed down to BIG JUDS for dinner. Oh yes, this is the famous BIG JUDS with the giant one pound hamburger with the huge bun! It feeds four people. If you eat the whole thing yourself, you get your proud picture hung up on the wall of FAME! My brothers took the challenge..




Do you see this hamburger?? It's bigger than their heads! Alan only took 12 minutes to down that sucker. Tom was next, but not far behind. Jake finished his up and they all licked their plates clean!!!!!!


Oh man! I can't believe they did that. How cool are my brothers? It was so hilarious... now we're just hanging out all together and watching The Office Re-Runs. What a good life. I love my family.

6 comments:

Angee said...

I've totally eaten a pound hamburger too! We had to for initiation into Jazz Choir. I was 16 and probably weighed about 125. I finished mine in 20 minutes I believe. I was the only girl to finish and one of the only people not to throw up afterwards! Have fun with moving day!

Jen said...

Oh I can't believe what I am missing out on! Good thing you took those awesome pictures! I am so excited for your house to be done! It will be so good for you! And tell Annie congratulations on going to school! I bet she's doing great! Love you guys!

Britney said...

That's so exciting your house is almost done. It's so stressful trying to finish up those last things. Goes to show how much your loved, having so many there to help. TJ just got on the bus for his first day this morning. We had a little bus fiasco, nothing like yours! Argh.

Jen said...

Hey Rach, I tagged you on my blog. If you get a chance, play along!

Joy said...

You're a trooper! I would go insane! We used to go to big juds all the time and split the hamburger between like 5 of us! Looks like you're having fun!

Becky Rasmussen said...

So we're losers. We never went to Big Judd's while we were in Rexburg. It's not too late. Neil and I will still be visiting periodically.