Saturday, August 9, 2008

To Annie, Love Rachel


Recipe Time!! Jen, I know you asked me to do this a long time ago too. I'm a slacker sometimes. You love me anyway, right? Anyway, my mom makes the tastiest, buttery-est, most mouth-wattering..est Buttermilk Syrup in the world. We love to drizzle this on top of anything for breakfast. In this pic we poured it on top of the German Pancake (which I'm in love with too) and added strawberries and whipped cream. Holy crap this is good stuff. So here's the recipe:
1 cube butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
First of all, you need a larger-than-you-think pot to cook this in because if I use the one I think will work... it always overflows. Just a warning.
Melt the butter completely on medium heat. Add sugar and buttermilk and bring to a boil. Add the corn syrup and let bubble for 3-5 minutes. Add the baking soda, stir it up, and serve it on pancakes or waffles or anything you want. I just stick the leftovers in the fridge and reheat in the microwave every morning until we eat it all. Everytime you reheat it, it becomes even more caramelly. (I am a college-educated person so I should know how to spell caramelly and mouth watteringest) Yummy! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks RACH!!!!!!!!!! I am craving it like a mad dog!

Jen said...

Thanks Rach, I'm so excited to try it out!