We dug and dug and even used the pick axe and... my arms are still sore. We planted six trees and some shrubs and perennials. It's looking pretty good. This particular tree is a huge maple... well, huge for us. We usually get the sticks you're supposed to bury. Anyway, this hole was huge!
It was pretty cold so the kids stayed inside most of the time, but Annie had to come check it out.
Collin wanted to eat it like an apple so Matt cut a little off for each of the kids. They ate it.. raw.. and loved it. Silly kids. How could they eat that and then complain about what I make for dinner?
So I've got to record what Collin's been doing lately. He's pretty funny in the mornings after a great night's sleep. He'll talk in his crib until we come get him, and as soon as we open the door, we GROWLS really loud and laughs!! He's still not saying much, but you can tell what he wants by the tones of his whine. Then, as soon as he gets what he wants, he rewards you with a giggle. Cute boy.
And then there's Jenna. We've been talking to the kids about learning to speak in Spanish, thanks in part to Dora and Sesame Street. Matt's mission was in Argentina so he's fluent, and I've taken a billion classes so I know a few common words. The girls will ask me how to say a word in Spanish and then repeat it. Sometimes I won't know the word, but Jenna says she does!!! She'll then make up some word that sounds mysteriously like it could be the real thing! She's convinced she knows Spanish! Crack me up!
And Annie!! She's just growing up. She helps me so much with Collin. Many times when Collin's needing something, she'll just jump all over it and help him before I even get there. Sweetheart. She taught me that if you're seated in the middle of two girls, you're girl trapped. And if you're in the middle of boys, you're boy trapped.
I went out with some friends last night to a yummy cupcake slash hotchocolate place.. whoooaa. So good. This is a must-visit site in Idaho right along with Old Faithful and me. We also had a fun little visit with Grandpa Workman. He drove all the way up here and stayed the night with us. He's so fun to be around. He tells us the funniest stories.. he knows some Spanish too. Ha hahaha!! Grandpa, you're the best! My mom's coming up next weekend, and I'm verrrry excited because it's Jenna's b-day too. We're gonna party!


6 comments:
woah! those potatoes are HUGE!!! Good ole idaho taters. :)
I'm loving the age Tegunn is at too. So sweet and willing to follow directions and help. It makes me sad that he's growing up so dang fast.
Congrats on the sod. That'll be fun to have a yard
I'm so jealous. I've lived here for three years and still don't have any trees or shrubs! That's exciting about the sod, do you need any help laying it?
Those potatoes are huge!
Yeah, I found you! I can only imagine how excited you are for sod. : )
It's the small things isn't it, that make us happy.
Where did you guys plant potatoes? I'm sure my boys would have found them by now, like that enormous zucchini.
Hey Rahel! It's Jessie Loosli! Your blog is so cute. I can't believe how big your kids are they are so cute:)
Love all the stories about my cute nieces and nephew! I need to get Jenna to teach me Spanish! And I guess they call them Idaho spuds for a reason! Way to go, Idaho! So when is mom coming up? On Jenna's b-day? I love that you have trees and soon to be grass. You're so spoiled!
Holy Potato! Give those kiddo's a love for me!
Post a Comment