First, it was such an amazing experience to hear Alan give a very powerful blessing to Cassi and to hear a ton of my family members bear their testitmonies afterward. I've got a wonderful, strong family that I will always be grateful for.
My mom and dad just got back from an Alaskan Cruise (lucky's) and they gave the girls the most adorable stacking dolls and Collin a stuffed sledding dog, me some cute earrings that won't make me break out in hives!!, and Matt some yummy salmon he's been munching on.. thanks guys!!
I was able listen to the presidential debate at Alan's house afterward (well, debate between family members about the presidential candidates.. I have my own meager opinions, but I was kinda intimidated by the strength of which these debaters held their convictions... good for them! I thought it was awesome to hear everybody's opinions and to see Janzen more lively at a family function than ever before!!! Just teasing you, Janzen.. I could have gotten a word in edgewise, if I really wanted to.. he he).
AND, it was so fun to visit with Jen, Annie, Amber, Melissa, and Alyssa at the Women's Conference and at Maddox too. Holy cheesecake and chocolate! Holy embarrassing stories! So fun. Annie, thanks so much for letting us crash at your cute house and the yummy dinner and fun company. Amber, you too. You guys are so sweet, and your families are adorable! Jeff, thanks for sharing football time with us.. I know what a great sacrifice that is, seriously. Get scared for the next time I visit you because I MIGHT NEVER WANT TO LEAVE!!!
And Jen, I loooooved our bonding time! You are so fun to be around and you always make me feel good. I love you so much, sis.
Thanks, everybody, for such a fun weekend!
THEN, when we got home, Collin fell off a chair in the kitchen and crashed on the tile. I knew it hurt, but the next day when I took him to the dentist, I found out why.
First, the good news: The Tooth Fairy is still around!
Now, the bad news: She came to visit my 18 month old before my kindergartener. SAD!! The tooth broke just above the gum line so it had to come out and there was no chance for a crown or something. So this is my little, toothless man these days! Still happy!


6 comments:
oh no!!! was annie jealous of collin? poor kid. will it grow back soon! He does look pretty dang cute though.
Thanks for coming up and letting me crash your party. It was so fun to see you guys. Next time we'll have to let the kids play too.
What a bummer about the tooth! He's still a cutie without the tooth!
I found your blog from Tammy, I hope it's okay to check your blog out!
Rach, I LOVED our time last weekend! It was seriously so much fun. I can't wait until the next time we can get together. Thanks for letting me crash your friend party. I hope you'll let me do that again if for nothing other than more blackmail material! Love ya!
oh Rach! He is adorable. That smile says it all... who cares about having two front teeth?! He had to be the first to do something:) Love that little man.
Dang, so sorry about the tooth Rachael. He sure looks cute though! Are they going to put a spacer in? I worked in the Dental field for almost 8 years...I only saw this happen a couple of times.
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your visit that weekend. Annie called and invited me, we had plans already. :( Sounds fun, sad I missed it...next time!
ouch! Poor little boy, but they still smile no matter what!
Post a Comment